Sunday 21 June 2009

Joannas Card


London to Brighton Bike ride in aid of the British Heart Foundation

A neighbour of mine is cycling for the 1st time in the London to Brighton Bike ride this weekend. She is trying to raise money for the British Heart Foundation and has been practising for many weeks despite having 2 young children. Having sponsored her, I thought she might like this little card to say "Good Luck and that I was thinking of her during her ride".

I cut out the base card using Accent Essentials and used CDS to weld the two shapes together. I then layered the base card with pink gingham paper by Craft Creations. The pink gingham is my favourite paper........please Lynn could you get some more in for me at Flutterby's!! I then layered the card with green Bazzill Bling cardstock which I put through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder. Using the Cricut Stretch Your Imagination cartridge I cut out this gorgeous bike with various bits of scrap Bazzill card. I computer generated the greeting and layered it on a scallop circle. Some white glittered flowers were punched out and Kaiser gems were adhered to the centre.

A fun card that could also be used for a child or grandchild who might receive their 1st bike for a birthday (what do you think Lynn!)

Joanna xx

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hi Joanna
I love the card and what a wonderful excuse to make an unusual card. I hope your neighbour made it through today.

Lynn x