Saturday 4 April 2009

Sending You all Special easter wishes!!

Hello everyone and Happy Easter for next weekend from all at Flutterby.


As usual Joanna has come up trumps with the Cricut to produce this lovely card.

Easter Card

For this card I used the Cricut George and Basic shapes cartridge and the Design Software to create my base card. I decided to use the gorgeous coordinating Craft Creations paper for the front of the card. I cut 3 eggs from the Doodlecharms cartridge and welded them to 2 rectangles to make a frame for the eggs. I then cut eggstra eggs and layered them with foam pads. I don't know why this card took me so long to make because it looks so simple now I am writing down the instructions!!!!

My new toy is my Woodware trimmer. As I could not find any coordinating ribbon to go with the paper I used my scallop cutter on the trimmer to make a ribbon effect for the top and bottom of the card. I threaded the paper ribbon through my label and computer generated the greeting. Finally I added punched flowers and Kaiser gems.

I was well chuffed with this card, firstly, as it was a challenge to weld everything together and secondly, it was the first time I had tried the ribbon technique using with my Woodware trimmer. - Joanna

Till next Time

Tracyxx


No comments: