Tuesday 25 June 2013

Decorated Tissue Box

 
 
 
 
 
 
So, the other Saturday, we had the lovely Jeanette White from Crafty Needs visit us to run a workshop decorating a Tissue Box.
 

 
Here she is helping Deborah with her work.
 
 
Now, Jeanette has picked some lovely colours to work with - but they did not match my new spare bedroom (I must get her better organised!), so I had to make a few changes and this is my version.
 


Now, I was fairly chuffed with it (modest!) - but then I showed it to GC and he declared it one of my best pieces!!
 
The boxes were made by Jeanettes lovely hubby, Alex (who you might know from Eureka Crafts Templates).
 

Wooden Tissue Box - size 27x14x 8cm
Simple box holder with hole ready for you to decorate as you wish with paint, papers and serviettes available in the shop or on-line.



The tissue boxes were painted using the Jo Sonja's Acrylic paints (I used Aqua), then we used Decor Crackle followed by a layer of Opal.  Finally a layer of Crackle Medium was used.
 


Once the paints had been dried and the crackle effect made, we stamped up on the plain layer of a serviette and applied that to the box using Jo Sonja's All Purpose Sealer.
 
A few flowers, a ribbon box, some pearls and voila!! one beautifully decorated tissue box.




Here is a small collection of Wooden and Papier Mache items waiting to be decorated using Jo Sonja's paints, papers, napkins, stamps and embellishments.
 
And if you would like to learn about using these products, take a look at our workshop list:
 
Come and have fun with me and my guest teachers, on my Jo Sonjas classes.
 
Lynn x
 


No comments: